DIY ornaments have become very popular recently. However, if you have pets at home, you may want to be careful what you put on your tree. In 2015, the American Kennel Club warned us of how poisonous salt ornaments are after a dog ate one and died. The high level of salt in these ornaments can cause salt toxicosis, which is identified by vomiting, diarrhea, and unstable walking for the animal. If you decide to put these on your tree with pets at home, please keep the Pet Poison Hotline on hand in case of an emergency.
- The day after Thanksgiving is a popular time to set up and decorate Christmas trees. In previous posts, we talked about how to choose a Christmas tree and how to care for a Christmas tree.
- Salt Christmas ornaments are made by mixing equal parts of flour and salt with water.
- Last year, the American Kennel Club shared the story of a dog named Lexi who died after eating a salt Christmas ornament.
“Salt Christmas ornaments are made by mixing equal parts of flour and salt with water. This mixture is then shaped and then baked. For some reason, many pets enjoy nibbling on salt Christmas ornaments.”
Read full article here