You don’t have to switch from a broom to a vacuum when you clean, says Jackie Harmon, owner of Healthy Clean green cleaning company. To that end, stash a few key cleaning supplies in each room or on each level of your home, says Teresa Ward, owner of Teresa’s Family Cleaning. “Plug in once, in the center of the floor, and you’ll be able to vacuum even a large home without wasting time plugging and unplugging,” he says.
Some more Speed-clean tips:
- If you’re suddenly confronted with preparing for unexpected guests, you won’t waste time gathering your necessities to start or continue—just bring it with you from room to room.
- To save time on cleaning day, clean as you go whenever possible. Once you get the hang of your system, you’ll clean speedily on autopilot—and never waste time backtracking.
- Keep everything you use to clean your home ready to go in one cleaning tote, caddy or bucket.
- Establish a cleaning pattern to consistently shave time off your cleaning routine.
- To help maintain a clutter-free and spic-and-span house, check out our tips guaranteed to satisfy your need for cleaning speed.
- Invest in a 50-foot extension cord for your home’s vacuum, says Matthew Ricketts, president of Better Life Maids.
“Use a vacuum on all floor surfaces.” It’s quicker to use, plus you’ll remove one lanky, awkward tool from the mix. Use a squeegee on the shower walls and door after every use, says Molly Maid president Meg Roberts.
- Permanently shorten your own housecleaning time by assigning tasks to family members. Multi-tasking while you clean adds time. This quick, immediate act saves time battling soap scum and water spots later.
Read the full article here:
Speed-Clean Your Home: 13 No-Fail Tips